6.28.2006

What is the point of this GCCF thing anyway

It's good to get out of the routine once in a while. It gives you opportunity to mull over things that are just sitting out there waiting for answers. I'm in AZ for a business trip. Most of the time, it's fun and educational. There are seminars to go to and other meetings. Mostly, it's a change of pace. I'm on my rest week from training.

I had the opportunity to have dinner with Jeff and Jacqui last night. They are the couple that inspired me to start Gulf Coast Cycle Fit. Dinner was filled with discussions of the technical aspects of being a cyclist. Things such as neuromuscular control, balance, length-tension ratios and such. We also touched on training. It's interesting that the smallest portion of our conversation focused on the fitness training. If you look at the world of cycling coaching, it's all about fitness training. There are so many other aspects to cycling. Things that don't even get addressed. Jeff and Jacqui are not creating machines that ride bikes faster. They are in the business of helping people become better cyclists. At first glance, you may say that it's all about going faster. I contend with Jeff and Jacqui, it's about people. It's about using my time, knowledge, and desire to make a positive change in another person's life. It's about ministering to others.

Gulf Coast Cycle Fit is in the business of helping people get the most out of cycling. It's my job to address the various aspects of that sport that are overlooked by others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home