6.17.2006

Hard 50

Long, Fast, Steady

That was the plan. As it turned out, it wasn't as long as I thought it was going to be but it was every bit as hard as I needed. Typically, my HR averages about 148 for a hard ride. Today, I averaged 155. That was for the entire ride which included warm-up and sitting and talking for a few minutes before starting the ride. That's the most intense ride that I've had all season. However, aftwards, I don't feel drained and I plan to do a workout on the trainer tonight to get in a few extra miles. Tonight's ride will be a moderate intensity effort for 1 hour.

Four of us rode across the bay into a tremendous head wind. We averaged 22mph going across. Scott and I turned around in Spanish Fort. He had a migraine headache and had to get to work. I had to get back for honey-do's. We averaged 30mph heading home.

I tried a new Hammer Nutrition product(Perpetuem). I really helped. I mixed it up as a paste in a flask. It was easy to get down and tasted pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home