6.12.2006

Weekend finishes well

It was a great training weekend from a couple perspectives. I realized my continued weakness as a longer duration rider, but I finished well with a new high with critical power training at the 20min duration.

There are few guys in town that can go out and ride just that little bit higher intensity for long durations. I'm not one of them(at least, not for the moment). For those of you who are concerned that Ed is over the hill, washed up or has otherwise move on to shuffleboard, you need to rethink your opinion. There are few riders in Mobile that can ride with his kind of determination. He will get you out of your game and into trouble if you aren't careful. Here's the short version. We rode with the intention of maintaining a 22mph average for 4 hours. As you know, that means that you have to ride 23 or above with stop light and traffic. Let's say that I couldn't hack it. I made it almost all the way across the bay where we met Jay.

Jay was fresh and decided to take the pace to 25-26mph. That was my ticket out. They were kind enough to tow me along until crossroads where to turned around to cruise home. I was surprised that I was able to maintain 19-20 on the way home. Otherwise, I was toast.

Last night was better. You may have noticed that I converted my workouts from 20 minute intervals to 1-2 minute intervals. I did that because I wasn't able to successfully complete the CP20 workout at 280 watts. After a bit of a change in the program, I returned to attempt 280 watts for 20 minutes. I was able to complete it and surpass it by 3 minutes. That means I get to raise the bar to 282 for my next CP workout. In addition, I completed 3 intervals at 333 watts for a total training stress score of 80. It was a tough effort but it felt great. I can't wait for rooster ride?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home