6.05.2006

Great interval workout

Now that's an oxymoron.

I don't think I've every used "great" and "interval" in the same sentence. That is, unless I've said that they are a "great pain in the a$$!".

I hope that you have noticed one thing over the course of the last few weeks. My workouts are not hap-hazzard. They are based on objective information from objective testing. Therefore, the workouts that follow are in the appropriate intensity range for my fitness and physiology.

Last night, I did eight(8) 87 second intervals at 323 watts. Training with power allows you to tap into the exercise physiology research that is out there and do workouts that are designed for you. 323 watts was my maximum wattage on the Modified Conconi Test. 87 seconds is 60% of my Tmax (Max time) at 323 watts. My next interval workout will be eight to ten 101 second(70% of my Tmax) intervals at 323 watts. Next week, I'll be doing 50%, 60% and 70% Tmax workouts at 333 watts. I'll retest my Conconi and Tmax tests during the third week.

After the workout, I downloaded the information into Cyclingpeaks software. My Training Stress Score was 62. Training stress score is a calculation that was developed by Andy Coggan, pHd. It estimates your training load for each workout. I can get into this more on another post.

I can tell that I've taken another step up in riding performance. I'm looking forward to the Rooster ride tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home