6.08.2006

Curiosity/Change

I had several emails regarding my last post. It brings me satisfaction that I've been able to write something that spurs curiosity. Why are we doing these things? It doesn't matter if is relates to riding position, training protocols, diet, etc. Are we using a logical progression of analysis and following it up with objective testing, or are we making decisions based on fad or feeling?

Every once in a while, we need to question everything. Then, re-assess our stance. If you do these self checks, you will stay in line with the things that are important.

So, what's my goal?
"I want to ..."
What are the things that could potentially prevent me from achieving my goal?
1)
2)
3)
4)

Of these impediments, which things can I change?
1)
3)
4)

After analysis, which ones need to be changed?
1)
4)

What is my plan to make effective change in these areas?
1)
a)
b)
4)
a)
b)

How will I know if these changes made a difference? Retest and start all over!

Forgive me if I left something out. Take the time to go through the process. I know this is getting a bit long but I'll put some personal information in here to see how it works

Goal:
I want to be one of the top 3-5 riders in the Mobile area. Nothing personal, just a goal.

Impediments
1) Poor training schedule and dedication during the early season
2) Overweight as a result of the bountiful holiday season
3) Bad dietary habits overall
4) I turned 40
5) Family, Job etc.

Things that can change:
1) Training schedule
2) Weight
3) Dietary habits

What needed to be changed?
Training scheudule and eating habits. If I did these things, the weight issue would take care of itself.

Plan:
1) I changed my training plan to better fit my family's needs.
a) I picked the two most important rides of the week(for me). Tuesdays(fast) and Saturdays(long)
b) I supplement other training days with prescribed indoor training that is geared toward my areas of weakness
1. Base
2. Short duration power
2) I changed my eating habits. More fruits, vegatables, no caffine, smaller portions. I kept my periodic cup of Blue Bell Chocolate Chip ice cream

Re-assess:
I've kept track of my objective power changes. Things are better.
I'm not getting dropped as bad on Tuesday morning.
I've lost 10 lbs

I still haven't achieved my goal. I will reassess everything once I hit a plateau.

This works for everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home