5.16.2006

Rest week is over!

The Tuesday Rooster Ride was a stark reminder that rest week is over. Actually, it wasn't too bad. We kept a steady pace as we chased Scott all the way to the stop at the gas station. I'm not going to give him too much credit since he left the parking lot early to get a jump on everyone :). It was fun to try to reel him in.

I felt quite ready for this morning's ride. I had good mechanics for the entire ride. I did get gapped on the big hill. Thanks to Chad who helped me bridge up to Tim and Jay. After the break, we kept a steady pace on Howell's ferry and I got gapped once again. However, this time, I was able to bridge across to the lead group before turning to go home.

After the ride, I continue to feel fresh. No heavy legs!

I was able to catch a ride behind a cement truck for most of the way home. We were doing 37-40 mph all the way down Schillinger. Thanks to this, I was able to get home on time.

Tomorrow night, I return to prescribed power training. My next session is set for 267 watts. It's my goal to be able to do 300 watts for 20 minutes before my next rest week. Also, during the period, I'll be adding other intensities and durations. I need to retest my power profile so that I know my areas of strength and weakness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home