5.04.2006

Power gains

I seemed to recover from the Rooster ride fairly quickly. I felt fresh all day yesterday. One of those days where you feel like you missed a ride.

I was ready to go for last nights Computrainer session. Based on my performance Sunday, I was spec'd to do a 267 watt effort. However, after feeling fresh following Tuesday's ride, I decided to bump up to 270 watts. It was a threshold that I wanted to cross.

Going into the warmup, I took some time to do some neuromuscular training for my legs. I noticed that my heart rate during the warm up was 4-5 beats lower than previous workouts. That's good because it means that my body is becoming more effective at lower intensities as well as high.

I was able to complete 23 minutes at 270!! It was a challenging workout but achievable. I'm going to increase my wattage to 275 for tonight's effort.

I've seen a huge benefit from this type of training. I know that I need to change things up in the next couple weeks. I need to move to shorter durations for a period to affect other energy systems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home