5.18.2006

1st day back to wattage training

Last night was tougher than I thought it was going to be. I decided to set the wattage to 270. That may have been a bit of a stretch for the 1st workout after rest week. But, I was able to achieve my goal of 23 minutes. Tonight, I'll step up the wattage to 273 and go at it again.

Last night, I noticed a significantly lower HR during warm up(10bpm lower). Once I started the higher intensity, my heart rate stayed in the mid 160's for about half the ride. I ended up stabilizing around 175 bpm. That's still lower than my LTH heart rate but the ride felt hard.

Prior to working out, I did 15 minutes on the Spinscan. My spinscan number continues to improve slowly. Over the last several weeks, it's increased from 72 to 76. It would be nice to have it in the 80's.

Looking forward into this training period. I'll be including longer durations of intensity as well as shorter intervals for quick power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home