8.31.2006

Busy times

Whew!, it's been a hectic couple weeks. My wife and I have a business called Eastern Shore Kids Market (www.easternshorekidsmarket.com). It's a consignment business that we do twice a year. Last week we held our Fall/Winter sale. It's a few weeks of madness. In a nutshell, we rent the Fairhope Civic Center for a week. During the week, we receive sale items from over 450 contributors. With the help of volunteers, we display over 20,000 clothing, toys and kid and mom related items starting on Tuesday. The sale runs from Thursday afternoon to Saturday at noon. Then, we resort all of the items so that the contributors can pick up all of their unsold items on Saturday evening. Afterwards, we process checks for all of the contributors and pack everything away until the next sale. It's a wild event that we started just after our first child was born. Over the years, it's grown by leaps and bounds. We could use a larger space but the Civic Center is the largest facility in Fairhope.

Needless to say, my training has taken a back seat. I typically take on the role of mom, manual laborer and computer guy during the sale and just after. It's about this time when I start to get the jitters because I haven't been riding. I feel like the kids on the Honda motorcycle commercial. I keep walking around the house mumbling, "I wanna ride!".

This period will end and I'll be back out on the road again soon. Hopefully, Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home