7.24.2006

Let's hear it for Floyd

Was that a huge effort or what. Floyd is incredible.

We watched the full stage Saturday just to see him ride into the record books. Afterwards, I was pumped and thought I would go out for a ride. Overall, my ride was uneventful other than the oppressive heat. My computer was reading 99 degrees and probably 80% humidity. The ibike recorded a 178 watt average. Just for the heck of it, I sprinted to try to follow a truck. I didn't connect but I was able to put out a 1300+ watt effort. It didn't last long.

Yesterday, I went out for a short ride to work on technique with a client. I need to work on technique more often. At the end of the ride, I felt like I had been to the gym. It was a rather intense leg workout. It's all about being able to apply effective power around the entire pedal stroke.

I finished the weekend with a moderate intensity ride on the rollers for an hour. I did this as a calorie burner. I was still able to work on balance and pedaling efficiency on the rollers. I kept my HR in the 150's.

Here's a warning: Don't ride rollers while watching a bike race on television. I did this last year during the TdF. I fell of twice. You get into a virtual reality experience and when the peleton turns, you turn. It doesn't work so well. Last night, I was riding and they showed a clip with riders going down hill. I had to look away or I knew I was going to bust it again. Luckily, no VR induced injuries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home