8.03.2006

Need to get back on the plan

Here's something to consider when you are on a training plan. Life tends to get in the way! Family, job, sleep and on and on and on....

Recently, life has started to move my focus off my target plan. It's important to remember that, in many cases, life is more important and has greater value. Cycling is not the end all, be all. Life is about those people who are around you. Don't let your obsession take you away from the things that are of the greatest value in life.

So, here's the goal: Make training time as effective as possible. This is where I've fallen in a bit of a slump. I've continued to ride on a regular basis but I haven't be tracking my progress to determine if I'm actually benefiting from it. So, it looks like I need to change some things around. I need to get back to the Computrainer on a regular basis. It gives me the most objective information about my riding capacity. I was making steady gains when I was using it on a regular basis. Now, who knows.

I hope to have some new information soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally relate, these last two and a half weeks weeks work, laziness and an errant crash has really cut down on my training time.

I took this week really easy and am looking to getting back inthe groove by next week.

I shouold get a new short term goal a race in september maybe.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home