1.11.2008

Starting out right

I have the wonderful opportunity of training my wife and oldest daughter. What a great experience because neither has ridding significantly other than putzing around the neighborhood.

They are like blank slates. We are starting out with our focus on good fit followed by good mechanics. My daughter immediately took to the computrainer spin scan module. I'm always amazed by kids ability to interpret video data and assimilate it into function. I didn't have to explain anything about the spinscan graph. I just told her to make the line as flat as possible.

She started pedaling and experimenting with the way she pedaled the bike. You could see her brain working as the video display changed, she would make small corrections to reach the goal that I gave her. Pretty soon, her spinscan was 80. If you don't know anything about spinscan, that's a pretty good score.

My wife is focusing her efforts on learning the rollers. We are working on specific drills that make her pedal correctly.

Ultimately, it's all about creating movement and assessing if the movement is beneficial or not. Your brain creates a "database" and learns to move in better and more effective ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home