12.26.2007

Where is GCCF going in 2008?

Based on the things I have rattling around in my head, this looks like it's going to be a exciting year for Gulf Coast Cycle Fit.

Here are some of the things that I have on my personal and professional agenda.

Power Training Certification: I attended the USA Cycling Power Training Course in Atlanta back in November. USA Cycling offers a Power Training Certification Test. I plan to complete this by the end of January. I don't know if it's really necessary but it will allow me to determine if I meet the testing standard that has been created by USA Cycling. Currently, I'm training almost completely by power. With the exception of riding the rollers, all of my rides are evaluated based on power vs. heart rate. It's my hope that riders will continue to move towards power based training. Look for information about local seminars about Power Based training. Once you see the benefits of this format, you will want to move in this direction.

Virtual Bike Fitting and Frame Design: This has moved from concept to reality but it's still very new. Gulf Coast Cycle Fit has purchased BikeCAD Pro software. From this platform I should be able to do several things:
  • Bike Frame design based on biomechanic and physiologic principles and measurements taken from you. This can be used to have a custom bike built for you or you can use it to determine which mass market bike would best suit your body.
  • Help riders determine which size TT bike they would ride based on their road fit or MTB fit. This would be a detailed process of evaluating your current fit and then translating that information to other frame geometries.
  • In the end, it's my goal to make sure that my clients are riding the bike that best suites them

This next goal is something that is very close to reality. This concept is the most exiting for me because it ties several things together for riders: fit, training, power based training, pre and post training evaluation and many other concepts all in one package. If I comes off as I hope, it will be a great asset to the entire cycling community. I'm lacking a few pieces of information at this point. Mostly, it's related to market research regarding riders in the Mobile, AL and surrounding areas . If you would like to help me by answering a few questions about this concept, please email me at david@gccyclefit.com. Please title your email "Focus Group" so I can quickly get with you.

Lastly, I hope to incorporate video analysis to the list of services. Pedaling occurs so fast that it is hard to truly evaluate foot and lower extremity position and their impact on force production. Video analysis allows me to slow or stop the process and guide you towards better function as a cyclist. Currently, I use data output as a determination of quality force production. This technology will allow direct assessment of the factors forces that contribute to force production. More granularity for me, better service for you.

I hope you come along for the ride in 2008. It's going to be exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home