11.29.2007

iBike update

I talked to the CEO of iBike yesterday. The company is doing it's best to fix all the short comings that have been identified over the couple years. I sent my original unit back and they found that it had some problems. Since receiving the new unit, I still see issues with vibration and drafting.

To account for the vibration issue, I will be testing the new VRK (Vibration Reduction Kit). For me, this is a huge issue. Currently, power readings from rough roads can be as high as 2-3x actual. That destroy's all post ride analysis. I'm hoping that the VRK dampens the and improves accuracy.

iBike software has also improved. They have included some post ride filtering software that analyzes the ride file and makes corrections. This may be good, but I would prefer to have correct power numbers from the beginning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home