12.17.2007

When you don't have time to train

Where's the time? I was talking with a cyclist yesterday. I asked him how many hours he has to train. He responded, "4 or 5 hours". My reply, "Man, that must be tough. I know you would like to ride more.". He says, "Oh, no...I have 4-5 hours/day. "

This is the reason why I think every cyclist should have a family, job(s) and a mortgage. It would even the playing field.

Where am I finding the time to train....Saturdays, I'm riding 4-5 hours. Typically, it's a long endurance ride somewhere around 65-80 miles. The other training sessions are at night. When I say "night", I really mean it. Last night, I started on the computrainer at 11:15pm. I didn't finish until 1:03am. That's about as late as I've ever ridden. Most of the time, I start around 10:00pm and end around midnight. That leaves 6 hours for sleep.

I'm hoping to ride on the road with the Carpe group on Fridays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home