12.03.2007

ibike update - VRK

I rec'd and installed the Vibration Reduction Kit(VRK) from iBike. It an interesting device that goes inside of your stem. From there, it dampens road vibration within a frequency range that negatively affects the iBike accelerometer. Total install time is 5 minutes.

I had it in place for my ride on Saturday. Based on my expercience with this power meter, I can tell you that it did a great job of isolating those specific frequencies from the iBike power meter. My power numbers were much more stable throughout the ride.

You can hear the device working. There are washers that move freely on a metal rod. When the road vibration is great enough, these washers make a chime sound. That was my indication that the road vibration was enough to interfere with accurate power calculations.

I still need to ride down Ben Hamilton road. There's something about Ben Hamilton that causes the iBike to show power reading that are 2-3 times actual. I'll let you know my results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home