7.06.2006

Sleep

It would have been great to get on the computrainer last night but sleep was more important.

I finally feel like I'm in the land of the living again. I was able to get about 8 1/2 hours sleep last night. I seriously needed it after two nights of about 4 hours each.

There's been quite a bit of discussion about the ibike on the Topica wattage list serve. Much of the discussion is over my head when it comes to statistical analysis. It's obvious that the ibike won't make the lab standard. But, is it an effective training tool for cyclists? Much of the discussion revolves around the ibike latency related to short burst efforts. I've noticed the same thing. There is a bit of a lag with regard to recorded wattage with the onset of a burst of power. But, does this really matter when it comes to "Joe racer"? To date, cost of power meters has been the factor. Now that the ibike it on the market, validity has to be addressed. Just how much accuracy am I willing to give up when the ibike is 15% the cost of a SRM. I would say that I'm flexible since I'm not in the $3500.00 power meter market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home