3.28.2007

Let the training begin

Spring is in the air and it's feels like it's time to ride. I think I finally caught the bug...the training bug that is.

Once again, life with school age children is proving itself to be complex. But, I've settled into a training schedule that appears to be productive on paper.

Monday evening - Computrainer
Tuesday evening - Computrainer
Wednesday evening - Computrainer
Thursday - off
Friday - Morning road ride
Saturday - Long road ride
Sunday - Skills work or trail ride with the kids

Productive training is all about priorities and making the most of the time that you have available. I don't imagine that I would use the computrainer as often if I had more time to ride on the road. But, time is not my luxury. On the positive side, computrainer training is very specific and it can be designed to be the perfect workout from a physiology perspective.

It should be noted that I make a distinct separation between training and rides/races. I'm in total control of my training. If I were doing my training on the road, I would do it solo or with one other person with similar objectives. It's hard to do a training ride with a large group because the group may decide to do something that is contrary to your training objectives.

It appears that this more of a deconstructive entry. That said, before you decide on your training objectives, you need a plan. The plan is established based on your goals and your strengths and weaknesses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home