3.14.2007

Camping at the 'bouge

It's been a while since we've been camping as a family. Our camper has become more of a yard ornament than a recreational vehicle. I had considered purchasing an old Chevy Chevelle so I could park it in the back yard next to the camper. Obviously, I would have to remove the wheels and put it on blocks and I would open the hood so that weeds could grow up through the engine compartment. In spite of searching for that certain "county - junk yard of the month" look, we decided to hook up the camper and use it.

For convenience, we decided to camp at Chickasabouge Park. We haven't camped there but we were impressed. The bathrooms were clean and the park was well maintained(with the exception of the 20 year old BFGoodrich T/A Radial with raised white letters on the side). Obviously, it came off the Chevelle mentioned earlier.

To the point...
The campsites are right near one of the trail heads. The kids loved being able to ride up and down the hills and across the bridges. For me, it's been about 7 years since I've been on these trails. It brought back a lot of memories. Pretty soon, I was back in a groove.

We think of Chickasabouge from a convenience perspective regarding the trails. However, don't miss out on some local camping too. We plan to go back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home