2.24.2007

What a cool facility

This is the end of day 2 at the United Stated Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. It's an amazing facility. Imagine going back to college and instead of going to class all day, all you had to do was work out, rest and eat. The food is great and it's endless. Just to the west is Pike's Peak.

I'm here for the USA Cycling Level 2 coaching certification course. Overall, I've been very impressed. I'm looking forward to integrating both training and administrative processes in place within the scope of Gulf Coast Cycle Fit. The information will best serve the athletes that I coach.

Classes have included: Athlete Interview, Athlete Monitoring, Hydration and Nutrition, Tactics, Periodization and Sport Physiology. Each class has offered key pieces of information that I will integrate into my program.

On the other hand, emphasis on skills and biomechanics is significantly lacking. I've had the opportunity to talk to several of the other coaches here for the course. For the most part, the concepts that I teach are completely foreign to them. Once again, thanks to my mentor for pointing me in the right direction. Now, I can fill in missing elements with the information that I'm learning here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home