1.09.2007

It's about function

I've been rattling things around in my head for a while.

Do you ever get to a point where you have a bunch of pieces or ideas in your mind? All of the ideas are good but nothing seems to fit together. And then, all of a sudden...piece by piece, it starts to take shape. I can't say that the concept has fully arrived. But, I have a clearer image than just a few days ago.

If you've notice my past posts, most have related to function. They haven't necessarily been about a specific training plan or program. They've been about function. More on that later.

Now, let me talk about Gulf Coast Cycle Fit for a moment. I went to a course on bike fitting and I've spent and extensive amount of time reading and studying about training for cycling performance. I've taken the time to get my coaching license and I intend to continue to advance it. You have to understand, working with clients provides me with the greatest satisfaction. There's nothing better than making a positive change in someone's (cycling) life. But something has been missing.

It's the functional component. In the past, I've spent time making fit changes. To my knowledge, everyone has been satisfied. (To those I've worked with, if you aren't pleased with everything, please take advantage of the guarantee that I offer on my website. ) But objective proof of functional performance has been missing for most. The improvements have been subjective. Subjective is good but objective is better.

Here's where the road turns. I'm making changes to the Gulf Coast Cycle Fit model. The primary goal will be function and functional improvement. Yes, I'll continue to provide fitting services. Yes, many clients will continue to receive bicycle fitting services. But, the determination for fit changes will be functional need! There will be objective pre- and post-tests and there will be follow up appointments. In the end, the riders will be better cyclists. We will have proof.

It's an exciting day. I look forward to working with you. You will be satisfied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home