10.05.2006

30mph intervals

There's nothing like the feeling that you are flying.

To break up the trainer boredom, I've been adding in some speed work on the rollers. Last night I did 30mph intervals. It feels like you are flying. I would stay at that speed until I couldn't maintain it any longer. Then, I would gear down and recover. The hour went by much faster with the variable intensity. I intend to continue to include intervals of variable length. Some as long as 20 minutes. Others as short as 1 min. I still like the computrainer. It's the best tool to offer dosed workout intensities. On the other hand, rollers stimulate technique.

Other things to break up the routine:
One of my roller goals is to ride at 50mph for 3 seconds. I tried it last night but only made it to 49mph. I began to freak out a bit because I was all over the rollers.
Also, I worked on riding no hands. Man, it's been while. I was seriously shakey! It's one thing to ride no hands in a door frame where you can grab hold in the event of emergency. Last night, I was in the middle of the living room. Nothing around to grab except air. It was a facing your fears moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home