10.04.2006

Good week so far

Well, let's see.

Friday night was late and Saturday morning became a "sleep-in". I always tell myself that I needed the rest. It's a way to justify missed training time.

Saturday afternoon, I managed to make a 30 minute bike project last 2 1/2 hours. I'll spare you the details. It was just like any project at home. Sometimes things just don't work out the way you planned them.

I took the day off Monday and had a great training ride. It was the first time that used the ibike as a training tool. To date, I've just used it record ride data. If you remember some of my posts from the Spring, I was doing critical power workouts. That's what I did Monday, but I used the ibike to monitor my effort.

Warm up 15 min
250+ watts for 25 min
rest 10 min
260+ watts for 10 min
rest 15 min
270+ watts for 10 min
rest 20 min
280+ watts for 10 min

The ibike allows me to maintain consistent power regardless uphill or downhill.

It was a great workout.

Tuesday evening, I was back on the rollers. I wasn't real motivated to suffer, so the workout ended up shorter than planned. My roller workouts are heart rate based. Last night, I ended up doing 15 min at 150-160 bpm followed by a 15 min set at 170-175bpm. It's kind of cool to cruise along at 27-28mph on the rollers.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home