2.25.2007

Great Coaching Course

I can't wait to get home from Colorado Springs. The USA Cycling coaching course was great. There was a great deal of information that I'll be integrating into my coaching program. Most importantly, there was very little overlap with the information that I currently use for training.

Topics included training program design, sport physiology, athlete relations, nutrition and hydration.

Program design was my weakness. I would say that over half of the course content related to the foundation and application of training programs. The services that I offer through Gulf Coast Cycle Fit are becoming multifaceted to meet the needs of all cyclists in the area. It will be fun to put this information to work with my coaching clients.

Now it's just a matter of completing the 125 question test so that I can be certified as a Level 2 coach. It's been a long time since I took tests. Whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home