11.12.2005

Great weekend ride

I guess you can't ask for anything better. A beautiful October day in the 70's. It was kind of cool this morning when we started riding but it warmed up rather quickly.

To focus on the things at hand, I'm still seeing improvement in my pedaling pattern. I need to do another efficiency test and critical power test soon. Hope to get to that this week.

Today's ride was slow to start and quick at the end. Several rather long pulls today went well. I was able to ride at pace and maintain good pedaling form. I also noted that I was able to sustain longer pulls without going into oxygen debt.

We rode down the road to perdition(Grand Bay/Wilmer Rd., north of Airport Blvd.). It has to be the bumpiest road in the county. However, the Ti bike and Topolino wheels did a good job of making it tolerable. Also, a balance consistent pedal strong allowed a few of us to make a break from others who didn't want to feel their teeth chatter loose.

I continue to be impressed with my ability to maintain good speed. It's purely because of technique. I can feel that I'm able to apply power to the pedals for the entire 360degrees. I owe this entirely to the Computrainer Spinscan, rollers and other riding drills.

I can't wait till I'm race fit. It should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home