12.01.2008

Expanded offerings

Here's some of that news on the horizon that I mentioned a couple weeks ago. Gulf Coast Cycle Fit is expanding is scope of service to include custom frame design as part of the solutions that are offered to clients. This will fill in a gap in service so that I can better meet the needs of Gulf Coast cyclists.

Over the last two years, I've seriously considered several options that would have allowed me to expand to this level of service. Until recently, all of these included capital outlay that wasn't available or a significant amount of risk that I wasn't willing to accept. In addition, it never seemed appropriate to bring in another bicycle line to the Mobile market. To solve all of these problems, I've worked out an arrangement with Eastern Shore Cycles where I can facilitate the purchase of custom bikes offered by Seven Cycles. Obviously, I'm comfortable with the product since I've ridden my Seven Axiom SG for close to 4 years.

This month, I'll be traveling to Watertown, MA for a tour of the Seven facilities and participate in sales and fit training. Yes, I would love to say that I will be returning with a new Seven 29er or cross bike but I don't see that in the near future. I hope to return with new information and solutions that are needed here on the Gulf Coast. I'll post new information as it comes in.

After analyzing the survey that I sent out to existing and past Gulf Coast Cycle Fit clients a couple weeks ago, I've identified several other service offerings that will benefit local riders and the local riding community. I'll have more information over the next couple weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home