12.19.2008

Bucket List

I haven't had the chance to watch the movie but, as I understand it, two old guys make a list of things that they would like to do before they die. As a cyclist, I have my own bucket list. My list includes things like watching the Tour De France from a Director Sportiff car, having the opportunity to meet Eddy Merckx and riding my bike across the United States. My list also included another opportunity that I was able to check off this week. I had the chance to visit Seven Cycles and meet an incredible group of people that are sick about bikes. I was overwhelmed by their generosity and hospitality. So much for the impersonal Northeast. I felt like I had returned home after being away for years.

About three weeks ago, I contacted our local Seven retailer, Eastern Shore Cycles, to see if we could work out an arrangement where I could offer custom bikes as part of my list of services. Historically, I have been able to offer my clients stems, seat posts and other components through their preferred bike shop. I would contact the shop of their choice and place the order with the appropriate specs and the retailer would place the order for the client. It's a working relationship that facilitates customer service. In addition to components, I've helped several clients with bike selection when it was appropriate.

Now the circle closes a bit more so that clients can experience the best custom bike fit possible which includes the opportunity to be measured up for a custom frame by Seven Cycles. I've considered bringing in a custom bike line ever since Gulf Coast Cycle Fit started but it never made sense to bring another bike line into the Mobile, AL market. Seven is the perfect fit to fill this need within the scope of my services.

The tour of the Seven manufacturing facility was a great experience. I was able to see how they cut and prepare each tube for construction of the bike frame. After the tour, I spent time with each department so that I would understand how orders and sales are completed. Seven goes to great lengths to guarantee customer satisfaction.

Now that I'm back, what can my clients expect? You can expect that you will continue to receive the highest level of service possible with the comfort of knowing the most any solution is possible within the scope of Gulf Coast Cycle Fit. If you decide that you want a new bike, I think you should entertain the thought of "One Bike, Yours!" : a custom bike that is constructed to meet your needs as a cyclist.

There is another item on my bucket list that involves Seven Cycles. Sometime in the future, I'll let you know if I'm able to check it off as complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home