12.15.2005

Indoor TT series

I'm working on the details for an Indoor TT series. Currently, I'm planning four events to be held once a month from January to April. I will bring my Computrainer for the events

Here's the current schedule:
January - Cadence 120
February - Eastern Shore Cycles
March - Pathworks
April - All About Bikes

Each event will be slightly different with regard to course topography; flat, rolling hills, hill climb and the New York City Central park course (rolling hills).

I'll post the result information on the Gulf Coast Cycle Fit website. In addition to times and placings for each event, there are additional benefits to each cyclist. I will provide information to each of the riders about their pedaling efficiency as well as the status of their race preparation.

It should be competitive and informative.

Start getting prepared. The first course is a flat 6 mile course.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good. One suggestion to "level the playing field": Supply a scale to weigh each rider and post results in Watts per Kilogram format in addition to watts,speed, etc.. If you extend the ride to 7 or 8 miles, you could even get an "observed" L20 number. Post a Power Profile chart and see how the Computrainer results compare to real life. Here's a link to a nice power profile chart: http://www.thebikeage.com/images/pprof.gif

1:05 PM  
Blogger David Field, Gulf Coast Cycle Fit said...

Leveling the playing field is something that I've been tinkering with. Watts/kg is something that I was considering.

I agree with extending the TT duration to the 20min mark. It all depends on the number of racers. If we can fit it in, I'll do it.

The 20 minute wattage can be used as a great training benchmark.

The power profile that you mentioned was actually developed by Andrew Coggan, pHD. He's one of the leading scientists in the the area of wattage training and cycling training. He has good information.

Great Suggestions. Thanks.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've noticed that the Discussion Forum has disappeared, so I'll post my comments here.

I'm hoping by "flat" on the first TT course you mean "mostly flat". The Computrainer is just another torture device without a little terrain (say no more than 2% for a small portion of the ride). Most riders have been on wind, fluid or mag trainers; and I would hope you would demonstrate the ride capabilities of the Computrainer.

You mention providing the riders some feedback using Spinscan, but I was also wondering what software you will use for the TT (3d, Multirider, or PC1)? I'm hoping the riders will be able to view the computer screen while racing.

Thanks for effort... I'm hoping your Indoor TT series is a great success! I'll be sure to spread the word.

3:07 PM  
Blogger David Field, Gulf Coast Cycle Fit said...

The first course will be primarily flat. A bit of inclination won't impact what I'm trying to offer. The flat TT reduces the amount of shifting and provides a better average power determination. The average power is going to be used going forward for each rider as the pacer wattage. It will also be the "Control" for the efficiency calculations.

I plan to use the 3d software for the series. Yes, the screen will be visible.

Great suggestions.
Thanks.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home